Multi Skilled Engineer’s / Technician’s
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the primary purpose of the role is to carry out planned and reactive maintenance in a chemical manufacturing environment.
* Responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting the technology in their area of responsibility.
* Works towards a zero-breakdown and zero-stop-mentality and reducing the maintenance costs including working capital reduction for spare parts.
* Takes ownership for the overall site and working area; monitors key maintenance KPIs such as breakdowns and has a strong service-department mind set towards the operations/ other departments.
* Works to standards and assures the team works to it (Safety, quality, CL, CILs…etc) and ensures the availability of standard technical documentation.
* Works securely with the expert maintenance tools (SAP-PM, SOP's) and trains the teams in those.
* Performs high quality Root-cause analysis for technical and process problems.
* Ensure that all site electrical instrumentation and control equipment is operating safely and at maximum efficiency.
* To deal with faults/breakdowns as quickly as possible whilst maintaining high standards of workmanship.
* Carry out condition monitoring activities, resolve where possible, report any faults or potential faults for later attention.
* Address the root cause of any failure, take the appropriate action to resolve and feedback learning's/observations to enable processes to be improved thus preventing repeat failures.
* Ensuring the housekeeping of the work area is maintained to the highest standard.
* Carry out any reasonable and lawful instruction from senior management.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Friday, Saturday rotated every two weeks. 36 hours, 12-hour shifts. Overtime available.
* Significant E&I experience in manufacturing and process environment.
* Completed a recognised electrical/instrument engineering apprenticeship preferably with a City & Guilds or equivalent NVQ qualification.
* Proven experience in maintaining complex automated manufacturing systems and equipment.
* Excellent trouble shooting skills, able to plan and work to tight timelines while managing several tasks.
* Experience in panel wiring.
* Knowledge of process instrumentation.
* Knowledge of pneumatic/hydraulic components.
* Strong communication skills.
Ideally you will also have:
* HNC level qualification.
* Desirable would be experience of PLC, DCS & QCS systems.
* High Voltage experience.
* Knowledge of boiler & burner systems.
* Mobile Elevated Working Platforms (MEWPS) Licence.
* Chemical or FMCG experience preferred.
Please get in contact for further details on 0161 443 4119 – firstname.lastname@example.org